Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Avast!

Hi! I'm Jeff, the pop culture pirate.

I'm here to share with the world my thoughts on movies I like and don't like, books I've read, and anything else the interests me. If you've found me, I'm shocked, but delighted that you care.

If you like what I have to say, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you. If not, I beg you to leave a well thought out response to it. We all learn from intelligent, thoughtful dialogue.

Today, I'd like to talk about blogs. It seems like there are hundreds of blogs out there. Who reads them? Am I broadcasting into a vacuum? I know why I have a blog, but why do others?

I have a blog so I can hopefully make someone think about something in a different way, or invite someone to make me think about something in a different way. I have a blog so I can take my most intimate possessions (no, not my DVDs, my thoughts), take them out of my head and make them something else that can interact with the outside world.

Why do you read blogs? Why do you have a blog?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home