Saturday, March 12, 2005

Vitamin Records

So I was perusing the selection at a local record store, and I came upon a new-to-me curiosity: Vitamin Records. The first thing I ran across is "The Piano Tribute to Nine Inch Nails." It's 9 tracks from NIN albulms, rendered in pounding, throbing piano. I'm a big fan of piano rock, and it's great to hear new versions of old favs.



You can find many more of these types of CDs on thier website. The apparently started with string quartet versions of classic rock tunes, and have since expanded to more recent artists and other tribute genres. There's the Lounge Tribute to Outkast, the Electronic Tribute to U2, and many, many others. If you're like me, and like to hear familiar songs in a new context, check 'em out!

In the meantime, I'll be lighting up the candles, and turning up the stereo for Industrial Ivories night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home