Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I can't wait...

Could this month be more devoid of interesting cinema fare? We started out with a bang- Sin City whet my appetite for buzzworthy summer flicks. And then the excitement stalled like a Suzuki in January.

Granted, I am an admitted snob, and I rarely give stuff like Amityville Horror a chance. But what are the odds, really that it's not a complete waste of time? Besides, a large part of the cinema experience for me is based on anticipation. I love going to a movie that I'm really excited about.

Sometimes it's disappointing: I was bouncing through the lobby on the way to Burton's Planet of the Apes, but I left confused and disillusioned. But when it works, it's sublime. Along with Sin City, there was Burton's redemption Big Fish, not to mention The LOTR Trilogy.

But the past couple of weeks have been devoid of any type of movie excitement. I had a twinge of interest in Sahara until it was completely snuffed by its shameless overpromotion.

Fortunately, there's hope on the horizon! The Interpreter comes out next week, and Kung-Fu Hustle's making it out to our neck of the woods. But what I'm really looking forward to (you can tell by my new desktop wallpaper) is Hitchhikers Guide.

So if you're in Ybor City on Friday, the 29th, I'll be the one bouncing through the lobby of the Centro 20.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home