Thursday, May 12, 2005

Anticipation Strikes Back

So I've mentioned that anticipation is a key part of the cinema experience for me. Well, this is a good week for it. Next week at this time the Star Wars saga will be complete for all the world to see. And I can't wait.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. I was severely disappointed in Episode I after participating in the ultimate geek ritual, the midnight opening screening. Episode II was better, but I was not expecting to be stoked for numero tres...

Then the reviews started coming in. I should say that I am a sucker for reviews. Not that I need someone to tell me what I should think about a film exactly, but I like that critics waste their time on bad movies, so I don't have to. Anyway, in case you live in a cave (or at least don't religiously track Rotten Tomatoes), the reviews for Episode III have been very good. They say it holds the magic that the others have promised, but never delivered. They say that it fills in the gaps and ties into Episode IV nicely. They say that it deserves to sit on your shelf with the original films. They say it truly is the one we've been waiting for.

I hope so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home