Tuesday, May 24, 2005

¿Que onda Guero?

It seems that recently, I've had a hankerin' for new music. The same old tracks are just not cutting it any more. So, finally I picked up Beck's new disc, Guero.

In my mind, this is the true follow-up to Odelay. The songs are not as electrified as the 1997 grammy winner, and the tone is less playful, but the added weight lends maturity to the album. I know, maturity from the "Loser" guy. Weird.

Nonetheless, the disc is at once catchy and enthralling. I have listened to little else since I got it. I just can't get enough. I've even carried it from the car, into work and back again at least half a dozen times. There's just something about the combination of Beck's acoustic sensibilities, the Dust Brothers' beats, and both parties blatant disregard for genre or convention that keeps me wanting more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home